In addition to the physical displays in our Exhibit Room, the Department of Special Collections also produces "virtual" displays of some of its important holdings and collections for viewing online. Some of these displays are Web versions of previous physical exhibits and focus on specific topics, while others thematically group selected materials from within our collections.
You may also wish to visit our Digital Projects area for information and links to online initiatives being developed by the Department to document collections comprehensively.
RBSC Online Exhibits
- The Power of My Pen to Describe: Ten American Diaries, 1750-1900
- A digital exhibit examining ten of the unpublished 18th and 19th century American diaries held in Rare Books and Special Collections, Hesburgh Libraries of Notre Dame. It is based on the exhibit of the same name held in RBSC from September to December of 2014.
- From St. Petersburg to Notre Dame: The Miraculous Journey of the Polievktov-Nikoladze Family Papers through a Century of War and Revolution
- Personal and professional correspondence, diaries, memoirs, photographs, and other manuscript format materials from the Polievktov-Nikoladze Family Papers, acquired by the Hesburgh Libraries in 2006-09.
- Power and Politics in the 19th-Century River Plate
- Books and manuscripts from the O'Grady Collection at the University of Notre Dame.
- Renaissance Dante in Print (1472-1629)
- Images and descriptions of more than 40 early printed editions of the Divine Comedy together with a history of the Zahm Dante Collection at Notre Dame.
- Selections from the Library of José Durand
- Images and descriptions from more than 70 early printed books that shaped the thought of the first historian of Colonial Spanish America, Garcilaso de la Vega, el Inca (1539-1616).
- Inter Folia Fructus
- A survey of significant acquisitions related to Medieval British Studies
- Familia Praedicatoria
- In the University of Notre Dame Library – an exhibition of medieval manuscripts, incunables, and sixteenth-century books containing texts and images of the Order of Preachers.
Sports Online Exhibits
- Autographed Baseballs
- An illustrated catalog of the sixty-four signed baseballs in the Joyce Sports Research Collection at the University of Notre Dame's Hesburgh Library.
- Selections from the Harry E. Winkler Collection of Boxing Photographs
- A representative selection of Winkler Collection portrait negatives, which contains in all more than 7,500 different boxing related images in various formats.
Other Related Online Exhibits
- Access to the Middle Ages: Medieval Manuscripts in Facsimile
- This exhibit highlighted the historical development of facsimile technology, as well as the central place of facsimiles in the study of the Middle Ages.