The Department houses a number of collections consisting wholly or primarily of printed ephemera. These are typically stored in folders and boxes, like archival collections, and are accessed through archival finding aids. Among the formats most frequently encountered in these collections are pamphlets, individual periodical issues or clipped articles, programs, and book jackets. For ephemeral formats in which image rather than text is paramount, see Broadsides, Prints & Posters.
- Abbey Theatre programmes
- Jorge Luis Borges periodical collection (EPH 5000)
- Catholic pamphlet collection
- Suzy Conway collection of articles and ephemera pertaining to Edward Gorey (EPH 5004)
- Robert Creeley ephemera (EPH 5009)
- Cuala Press ephemera collection (EPH 5002)
- Serial holdings of the library of Jose Durand (EPH Durand)
- Indiana University School of Fine Arts artists’ books collection (EPH 5006)
- Adam J. Lutzweiler collection of fundamentalist and evangelical magazines (EPH 5003)
- Modern authors collection
- John Bennett Shaw Collection of articles on G. K. Chesterton (EPH 5001)
In addition, the Joyce Sports collection contains a very large component of printed ephemera (game programs, media guides, yearbooks, schedules, etc.).